Colmonell Church 250th Anniversary Exhibition

flowers in the foreground and Colmonell Church stained glass windows in the background

The exhibition held in St Colmon Church on 29th October gave just a taste of the rich and varied history of the Church which began with a Christian cell established by St Colmon of Ella and surrounded by a hamlet in 555AD.

Since 1179 at least three Churches have existed on the site, built to the glory of God and serving the community through all life’s events in happy and sad times.

The exhibition celebrates the 1772 building which was recast in 1847 by David Bryce, a leading architect, to increase the capacity to seat 400.